Published on March 21, 2018
The MU Honors College has announced the seven students invited to join the Stamps Scholars Program starting in the fall of 2018.
The students, along with their high school, hometown, and intended major, are:
• Jessica Blake, Dublin Jerome HS; Dublin, Ohio; Journalism
• Alicja Blaszczyk, Lafayette HS; Grover, Missouri; Mathematics
• Ashwath Elangovan, Rock Bridge HS; Columbia, Missouri; Biological Sciences
• Andrew Mitchell, Lee’s Summit Sr. HS; Lee’s Summit, Missouri; Chemistry
• Sophia Mulwa, Nerinx Hall HS; St. Louis, Missouri; Health Professions
• Rebecca Price, Lausanne Collegiate; Germantown, Tennessee; International Business
• Delanie Vinzant, Maryville R-11 HS; Maryville, Missouri; Biological Sciences.
The Stamps Scholar program is a merit scholarship program active at 40 universities nation-wide that seeks to elevate the level of achievement among highly talented undergraduates through leadership, service and academics.
Stamps Scholars receive a full scholarship—all tuition, fees, room and board—as well as access to an educational enrichment fund that allows them to design and develop their own projects that support their academic success. The students are also assigned a research mentor starting in their first semester.